This week was a light week for economic data and only significant news related to the release of the Fed minutes and the release of housing data. There were no surprises and mortgage interest rates ended the week unchanged.
Next week the following events will occur and economic data will be released which may impact mortgage interest rates:
- The Durable Orders report will come out on Tuesday;
- The new Federal Reserve Chairman will give his first speech next week on Wednesday;
- The second estimate of 4th quarter GDP will be released on Wednesday;
- The Core PCE Price Index will be released on Thursday; and
- The ISM National Manufacturing Index will come out on Friday.