There were not any surprises with the economic data that was released this week. Mortgage interest rates were unchanged from last week with very little movement during the week.
Next week will be a busy week for data and events which could impact mortgage interest rates:
- The Housing Starts report will be released on Tuesday;
- The Pending Sales report will be released on Wednesday;
- Fourth Quarter GDP will come out on Thursday; and
- The ISM National Manufacturing index and the Core PCE Price Index will be released on Friday; and
- The Federal Reserve Chairman will testify to Congress on Tuesday and Wednesday